There are a few reasons why I haven’t posted a blog in a LONG time. I will run through them now, even though you’re probably not listening, or you aren’t there anymore, because no one visits blogs that aren’t updated on a regular basis.
- I’ve almost completely used up all the space on my macbook and it’s running REALLY slow. I need to transfer all of my photos to an external hard drive and I don’t have one yet (the one we do have isn’t working). This process has frustrated me for about 6 weeks and I just get too tired to be bothered with it.
- I’m pretty honest on this blog, and I haven’t felt like I could get on here and write anything without telling what’s REALLY on my mind.
- There have been a lot of things on my mind lately, but most of it involves a tiny human person of the boy variety who will be joining our family around December 14, 2013.
Yup, I’ve been busy cooking up a baby. Again. This time on purpose. So I was pretty much feeling like garbage from April 22 (last post) through a week or so ago. I am still pretty grumpy and bitchy most of the time. So the tone of the blog may change?
All chromosomes are pointing to BOY so it looks like Simon will be having a brother by 2014. We haven’t really talked to Simon about it much yet because:
- He’s been pretty adamant about wanting a SISTER not a brother.
- Just in case anything went wrong, we didn’t want to have to back pedal and explain awful sad things to him down the road.
- The child asks roundabout 500 questions a day. We are a little nervous about the number of questions that will come when we break THE NEWS.
- In the mean time, we are do a lot of…”what if you had a brother?” or “what would you teach a brother?” And sometimes he seems more interested in others.
Anyhow, I don’t know how long I was planning on keeping this secret but I keep waiting to feel like I”m in some sort of safe-zone and I haven’t felt like it yet. Everything looks good though- we’re all healthy, heartbeats, chromosomes all normal, etc. But while getting dressed the other day Gabe pointed at my midsection and said, “I don’t think you’re going to be able to keep your little secret much longer….”
Hardy Har. har.
So here we go again. I’ll probably say something on facebook tomorrow. OR tonight. Or not at all….we’ll see.