Today it is pretty hot out. I remarked to Gabe that it’d be nice if we had a pool to go to– as if I would put a swimsuit on if I had one…but it was just a remark. He said, “It’s not THAT hot out.”
I had breakfast with Gabe and my friend Lisa, which was nice. I had a great breakfast and even had a cup of coffee. I’m kind of getting to the point where I believe the baby is mostly “cooked” and moderate amounts of caffeine will not do that much damage. When breakfast was over and we were sitting there talking I wished we could do something else and sit and talk for longer. I miss hanging out with friends for longer periods of time. Anymore I see my friends in very small increments over brief meals or after work but before I’m about to crash. It makes me feel a little desperate when I’m glancing at the empty plates and table and thinking, “Oh no- we have to leave soon…then what am I going to do with the rest of my day?” Here’s what I’ve done so far.
- I broke down and bought this layette set for the baby that I’ve been wanting to buy for about 6 months now. It was in this over-priced store in Upper Arlington. I’d been waiting for it to go on sale. Finally it did, and I got it for 1/2 price. It has little lambs all over it.
- I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got some new sheets with a generous gift card that I got at our baby shower, so that was nice.
- I deposited a check for the mileage I accumulated driving between libraries this last quarter, so that was nice.
- I washed my car and swept it out- at one of those do-it-yourself car washes and I got my feet all wet and that felt nice, being so hot and all.
- I went to Target and bought the generic version of Dreft laundry detergent, even though I don’t think it’s necessary to wash everything in fancy baby detergent and I KNOW it’s a colossal rip off- I just felt like maybe it’d give me something to do if I decided to wash a bunch of baby clothes sometime in the next week or so.
- I drove through Starbucks and got a Iced Tall Passion Tea Lemonade, no classic, plus splenda (even though I”m sure splenda will make the unborn baby grow gills).
- I’ve eaten some trail mix that has more chocolate in it than peanuts or raisins.
- …contemplated a nap but am not that tired.
Yea. Fun “weekend”…hope your day(s) off were more fun/eventful than mine!